Monday 11 May 2015

Evaluation Question 1

Evaluation- Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
When researching about my song ‘Years’ By Alesso i found that it was part of something called EDM (Electronic Dance Music) when listening to the song i could tell straight away that the song’s target audience was obviously aimed at teenagers/young adults, this is because its upbeat and easy to dance too, it would be something you'd hear in a nightclub. i have always been influenced by this type of music, because of this it encouraged me to use my knowledge from this form of genre and apply it to my product. As i have shown on my blog their are many videos what influenced me throughout creating my product, Sebastian Ingrosso was a big influence throughout as his video replicates what i wanted to make of them creating the song and been a part of something new.
Here is one of the songs that had an influence on my video because of the way they go from different colour schemes throughout to then back to normal colour, i wanted to replicate my own video in a way to look like the way this ones set out, i loved the way they used city view around and time lapse driving which is whats involved within my music video.
When editing to this song everything fell into place, due to the shots i took at the beats what was in place at the time, i looked at the face that i had too fit everything to the beat. I had to look at the variety of mine en scene when looking at my song because i had to look into what type of styles i looked at when doing my song, and i think i picked a good choice.

When looking at what conventions i used throughout my music video i had some very successful ones for example different locations, yes, i had different costumes and different styles of people who fitted my criteria. the tables below show my success throughout my video when using the conventions.

Successful
Unsuccessful 
Outside Location 
Use of dance 
Narrative
Powerful artist 
Upbeat
Emotional
Verse chorus verse

Use of close up



LOCATION (conventional)

Conventional Locations to make my music video look electronic
My Conventional Locations

  • Time Lapse Days
  • Recording studio
  • Flashes 
  • Lights
I had different ideas to make my music video fit into the convention of electronic dance music, for example i would use things such as the beach, in my house, establishing shot to make it look like he's been worldwide throughout the years, i have tried to fit a narrative within my music video by using different locations. by using these locations the consumers will hope to know by the music video that the genre i have chose is EDM. I have used time lapse a night where we can see fast moving traffic this a conventional location.

COSTUMES (conventional)

Conventional Costumes
My costumes when needed 
  • Varied
  • Longline
  • Hats
  • Earphones 
  • Jogging pants 
when creating my music video there wasn't many costumes i had to use because the actor wasn't needed that much because of the song i chose this is good because i couldn't really get the costumes wrong because i didn't really need them, when i used the costumes i used things like jumpers hats etc. his mad my video look as realistic as it could. 





No comments:

Post a Comment